Friday, September 28, 2007

Italicizing is the New Bold

I saw Working Girl. Ounces better than The Devil Wears Prada for one. Importantly, it reminded me of someone I know. At least the first bit did... before the delicious entree. If you don't know what that means, then you obviously
a) Have not seen the movie, or
b) Are not a girl (woman? Not lady... this much I'm sure of)

Meanwhile the year end is almost upon us... and despite the best predictions of my jyotishi I still haven't had my affair... not even the whiff of one actually... and believe me I have been looking... so have my friends of course but in the wrong places and at the wrong, reah-lly wrong people... children must have their fun. The point is, this time I was sure because he gave me a ring to ward off the planetary influences that would precipitate the affair and the ring gave me a rash... a green rash for some weird berger reason. So you see don't you.. the fates want me to have an affair... the odds are drastically reduced... so much so that even a tax accountant would find it too predictable to be betted on. And yet here I am... doing all my projects on my own. And paying my own bill at the dhaba. Oh well... there's always Tom and Jerry.

I wonder what oysters taste like? The one thing I will do before I die is learn wine-tasting (Learn?!? "Excuse the novice, masther", slurred Egor to Count Dracula as CD told him for the ninety-seventh time that month how to toast marshmallows). And Dracula reminds me... Van Helsing is passable... though I like the black werewolf better than Jackman. If it wasn't for the comfort of my heels, I'd know I was pagan. As it is, sleeping with them under my pillow has been helping a lot... I hear the alarm go off now.

R called today... she just got a job... I'm proud of you sweetheart and wish you the very, very best. If truth be told, I think as of this moment, I'm a wee bit homesick. Okay... maybe a little more than a wee bit. As long as I'm not bawling. Or throwing things. The last looks so tempting on TV... vent frustration... break the Lladro vase... and then pick up after yourself? Anti-climax... very funny anti-climax and since I like wallowing in my moods for at least a day or two, I don't do this more than can be helped. Why let go of a good angst? Onwards charioteer, Betty Foy lives.

Parting Pinch: How much wood would the woodchuck chuck if Kipling's mongoose came for lunch?

7 comments:

Clezevra said...

lovely.. refreshing. especially loved the one on those lawyer quotes. made me laugh quite a few times.

Anonymous said...

have you noticed? there are NINE entries per month for last three months. is it a coincidence or is there a pattern i am missing?
P

Kirra Serra said...

seen 'dracula- dead and loving it'? nice. and you did not comment on my latest entrees.

Kirra Serra said...

and oh yeah, kipling had a mongoose and can't have a little caterpillar? you call this justice?!

Anonymous said...

a packet of M&M for guessing my name right.

I think I love you. if you remove those glasses, u would find me somewhere close to Rupert & Jackman...whatever you think, a obnoxious, witty lawyer girl is all I need.

Anonymous said...

Sad as it may, there are two heartbreaks as of now.. one was ofcourse for the dhobi who had a crush on my clothes and burned it, to express his love (he was the jealous type) and the second is for someone who is looking for an obnoxious lawyer.. sorry that stock just crossed its expiry date, and now they just make the "seriously retarded" type who come in both instant and decaf modes (though both are throughly boring)
The blogger itself would be one out of the rest 7 of them.. (or was she driving the auto at that time?)
Sorry for not commenting on the blog itself cuz it had more sex and violence than I can handle in one day (after a Corp law class).. you do know that you are banned in some nations, right?

Love your stuff, and did your jyotshi not mention a girlfriend there?
S

PS: hypermetropic glasses are in.. they are multipurpose, flashy, cool and they are MINE..

Betty Foy said...

@The-world-at-large: Well, well, well... haven't we been keeping busy...

@Clezevra: Awww... you're too kind... anyway... I live to please... no, really... I DO!

@Anon the First: Of COURSE there's a pattern... it's because 3 multiplied by 3 is 9... that clarifies things, I hope... or we could seek psychiatric help...

@Kirra: Boo!

@"Deepak": You have a special comment all to yourself... you deserve it... check the last post.

@Anon-who-has-signed-off-as-S: My blog is emphatically NOT laden with sex and violence... that's just your pic... which seems to be garnering immense admiration evidently... Bharat Matrimony, here we come... AND I'll have you know... I AM obnoxious, thank you very, very much... and there goes your IPR department by the way... AND no one wants your hyper-thingummy glasses anyways... least of all Tom Cruise... so there!
(P.S. It's 5.5 and not 7... and I lowwee your stuff too... Muaaah!)