Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Personal Progression - Projecting for the Future

A. Learn to do nifty things with the camera - start with learning what a viewfinder is and proceed until confident of requisite shutter speeds for a goddamned pinhole camera.

B. Salsa - the dance and the dip. In heels and with tacos respectively.

C. Finally finish reading "The Famished Road"... even if it kills me... a book semi-read for the past 8.5 years does nothing for my reputation.

D. Take up aerobics - for more than two days at a time. Maybe even jujitsu.

E. Blind date. What's life without a psycho or two?

F. Learn French and Spanish. Read Balzac and Marquez. Flaunt having read Balzac and Marquez in French and Spanish.

G. Learn what look works for me. Cultivate it. See if it gels with a tattoo of a griffin.

H. Get a tattoo of a griffin.

I. Find out what a griffin really is.

J. Become a workaholic. Shame my employers into giving me humongous salaries (note the plural). Save. Resign and buy a bookshop.

K. Try to not become a stuttering puddle of saliva when faced with chocolate. Alternatively, marry into the family owning Godiva.

L. Take time out to run through the rain. Buy shoes befitting the same.

M. Learn to make three-tier cakes.

N. Not be obsessed with perfection.

O. Go for regular med check-ups. Find a cute doctor. Purely as incentive.

P. Hug parents more often.

Q. Apologize to P for telling her she is an adopted Martian. One day. Eventually.

R. Take up a pseudo-intellectual hobby. Talk to everyone about it at parties. Revenge is sweet.

S. Learn to drive a bike. Talk about Harley-Davidsons intelligibly.

T. Reduce dependence on artificial stimulants. Convince ISO to classify coffee as a natural stimulant.

U. Become more social. Learn to not scowl at people making small talk about the weather and traffic and Microsoft's takeover bid for Yahoo.

V. Learn swimming. Take psychiatric help to help develop selective amnesia and forget about Jaws. 1, 2 and 3.

W. Accomplish at least one daredevil-type thingummy. Apart from shopping for groceries.

X. Buy red heels. Stilettos. Get accident insurance.

Y. Try and locate people I knew in school. Call them out of the blue and girly-scream.

Z. Invent more alphabets.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

and we fondly remember the day, when you chose not to take Thai as your third language in school...

it apparently has 70+ alphabets..

Betty Foy said...

Of course you fondly remember the day... if all of this had been in Thai, your daily dose of bull would have been severely affected.

And I pride myself on my sense of civic duty.

You can thank me later... probably in dollars... or burgers.

Clezevra said...

Oh, amazing. this is the third time I've read this post...

Betty Foy said...

@Clezevra: Thereby implying?

Unknown said...

and I am still not able to make head or tail out of it...
isn't that obvious ?

(to be read in conjunction with the above two comments)



(and yes,I know...You hate me, thats not even News anymore)

Anonymous said...

1. a pinhole camera doesnot have a shutter
2. it is jujutsu
3. i burnt the famished road

Betty Foy said...

@Karthi: You know where you stand... good... join us for yoga next week.

@Anon:
a) That WAS the friggin point... spell "h-u-m-o-u-r"... slowly. Alternatively, roll over and play dead.
Aside: The distressing thing is, I think you're the first to notice... what's Desperate Housewives coming to?
b) Ouch. Thank you. But ouch.
c) Hence established you HAVEN'T a reputation to maintain. Let me get back to you on whether I find that surprising or not.