Monday, April 14, 2008

Random Pink Highlights

It pleases me to be writing so prolifically again. It’s not cathartic anymore… it’s a celebration.


After ages, I danced in front of the mirror and made pouty faces. Without music. Just because. And laughed.


I haven’t slept a wink for the past 75 hours… and am still as full of beans as the coffee can in the larder. I have no idea why.


I go out at 5.30 each morning and sit on the steps drinking coffee till the sun comes up.


I have three assignments and one exam due next week. I haven’t even thought about beginning. And I’m not feeling guilty or panicked. Frankly, I don’t give a damn.


I’m having shopping-cravings. I used to hate shopping.


My room is a mess. And it doesn’t disturb me at all.


I heard the Sutta song and remembered that class trip to some random centennial-lecture-nonsense, when the guys sitting at the back in the bus sang the song at the top of their lungs but dropped their voices and merely hummed the good bits while passing conspiratorial glances at each other. It was only when I heard the song later that I realized they were being gentlemen. And I remember being surprised at the revelation. Also the college concert where the crowd conned the lead singer into taking up requests and how everyone insisted on singing Sutta and he turned the mike towards us because he was ignorant of the lyrics. When we hit the chorus, he spluttered… I swear. And when we didn’t stop, he tried to compensate by turning the mike towards the guys and away from the girls. Sexist bastard. The guitarist was cute though.


I have moved on and am now officially over dragons. It’s now witches.


I love being 21. I love feeling alive. It’s exciting. It’s intoxicating. It’s fun.


While I’ve been writing this, I’ve been grinning. Not smiling – grinning. Something has changed. And I haven’t a clue. But I wish stuff just stays this way. As long as I don’t flunk.

Update: I also just won Spider Solitaire with four suits. I am good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must be in love!

Betty Foy said...

Bloody hell! You COULD just have said infatuation and left it at that you know. Damn you. And I mean this in the nicest way.

Anonymous said...

so its true!!

Betty Foy said...

I'm trying to convince myself it isn't... and you sure as hell ain't helping sistah.