Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Burp!

I've been gone quite some time... again. Consistency has always been a problem the evil triplet-twin of my 3rd multiple personality has had to deal with... that and a justified jelly bean fixation. More on that on 6th April.

Meanwhile... the interview happened. And that's all I have to say about that. Though the heels looked good. So did the hair. I got it cut to look like Sandy's... the neigbourhood pomerian. And the interviewers had nice cookies. Chocolate. Not chocolate chips, which shows their sterling character. And that is not a pun... as if I'd stoop to sumfing that low.

The semester results materialized out of nowhere as usual. I'd be suicidal if I wasn't convinced of the capitalist-conspiracyist nature of modern education, and of my own innate worth which makes me indispensable to the emerging world order. Wise quips on the next counter please... we take cash.

The winter placement's been panning out fine... just the right dash of sporadic. Absenteeism is a good motto to have. Since I've already booked dark chocolate. Also since I've been back home for quite some time now, my system is now almost purged of coffee... I don't look like a Gary-Cooper-meets-Dev-Anand version of a Woody Allen protagonist dancing to Bappi's Disco Dancer on a Friday afternoon. I understand that's a lot of images to work through. Hire a manicurist.

And when I make my Bank-of-England-loads of money, I'll buy two houses. One will only be a pretend house where I'll never live and I could always tell people I wasn't home when they called. I mean, really, if I wanted to call you over, I'd have taken you out anyway. To The Park - it has immense religious significance at least till the end of this week.

P.S. I was in the queue for a temporary gate pass in the Supreme Court the other day, when this other lawyer told me to cut the line and get the pass made... "know your status as a lawyer". That stuck. I don't quite know why. But it did. Not good or bad, you know... just very, very adhesive.

5 comments:

Kirra Serra said...

What kind? the heard-reshamiya-in-the-morning adhesive or the what-was-that-again-? kind of adhesive.
btw, i love you too. if you are busy with someone else this friday then what do you say about saturday? i like you with or without the hypermetropic glasses.
(you still paying for kathi role, right?)

Anonymous said...

yay!! she blogeth! would love to see ur sandy inspired hair cut mademoiselle :)...and to the lawyer whos statement has entered ur system like the uninvited cockraoches in my kitchen..'ppbbbfffttt'.

ps..what was wrong with the french in the previous comment?

anonymously anonymous :)

Betty Foy said...

@Kirra: Sweetums... roll. Muaaah!

@Anon-the-insistent: I liked the lawyer. So "pffbbbttt" right back at you. And the french was just a little too foreign for my tastes. You need chewing gum too.

Nikhil said...

congratulations girl..

its a long way to the top if you wanna ...

Betty Foy said...

@Nikhil: Of course I "wanna"... thank you very very much.