Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Snippets

A. It was P's birthday yesterday... so today's been a lifetime and a day of bickering... and in all sobriety I modify the past 15 years of "I'd have preferred the salamander" to read "No salamander makes chocolate cake as well as you do"... cheers!

B. Today, after a month and a half of exile, I was returning home. And then I wasn't. Now maybe home will come to hostel. Last bulletin awaited with bated breath. But then I haven't lived with my luck for the past so many years in an entirely clueless fashion.

C. I rediscovered why I am infatuated with older men. Not that after last night's Sean Connery extravaganza, I needed any reminding. But I did anyway.

D. Another birthday tomorrow. I feel so old all of a sudden. Not jaded you know... just old... in a now-I've-seen-everything sort of way. Which is very strange given that all the world I have seen is home, school and college... and two-thirds of these as instruments and vehicles of capitalist conspiracy to enslave the youth of today. Which would be okay if it didn't include me. Which is also why the youth of yesterday and tomorrow must rent their own spokespersons: the current rate seems to be two and a half bars of Milky Bar and one of Juditha Triumphans. What I need is a chocolate cake, a Maggie party and lots of coke. What I have, on the other hand, is a project in Interpretation of Statutes. Life, such as it is, goes on.

E. There are lots of words I like the sound of: there is salsa... I like the way my tongue rolls when I say it. There is also Michigan... I like the slight whistle that sounds. Then there is snippets. Point being I don't get to use these words everyday, in my day-to-day-oh-gawd-look-at-them sort of life. Also that perhaps my favourite phrase would be "Snippets of salsa in Michigan"... I'd like Chile certainement, if only I was sure once and for all of the pronunciation.

F. This is primarily just because... though the fact that three multiplied by two is six figures somewhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

come home

Betty Foy said...

All in good time mon ami... until then... dig up the darkest chocolate possible for the return of the not-so-prodigal...

Anonymous said...

ERR..WHO EXACTLY IS BANQUO??????

Kirra Serra said...

Honoured (yawn) and wasn't it 'puppy' last time i checked? salamanders are cool too, definitely, but mum won't be very happy about your infatuations for anything even close to the lizard family (wonder how she puts up with you without hopping on and off chairs. the jump in referrence, by the way, was one masterpiece jump).

Betty Foy said...

@Anon the Second: Akin to my pet frog... serenades me with his sonorous croaks in the dead of night... hence the moniker... in passing: And you?!?

@Kirra thingy: Try to be nice to some people... oh well... pssffbbbtttt!