Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mid-Year Resolution

It's more difficult seeing people close to me taking blows chin-up than being runover myself... the latter I can handle... I can even revel in the challenge. The former just leaves me wringing my hands with a profound sense of futility... and all I can do is hug the person, play the fool, and hope the day will soon be over.
It's not about taking the bullet for a loved one... it's about having the potential-assassin drawn, quartered, impaled, hung, dragged over shards of glasses bound in red-hot chains, sewn up in a sack and thrown to the crocodiles... until he faints. Waiting till he regains consciousness. Then repeating.


I'm not falling in love with any more people than I already have fallen in love with. I simply lack the courage and the stamina to just stand by. Or the wisdom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day you will get it right perhaps.

Betty Foy said...

Fat chance.

Unknown said...

ahem,.that's one resolution, i would love to see you break...

Betty Foy said...

Like I said: fat chance.

Anonymous said...

I have read this post 100th time now. Write something.

Kirra Serra said...

Here here! I really (REALLY) like the whole procedure of vengeance. I salute it with all the sincerity I can possibly muster.