Saturday, June 21, 2008

Letter to the Cosmic Void

Dear Void,

Hello... long time and all... I'd love to stay and be polite but this message is selfish. It's not like I don't love you or anything but I desperately need a favour.
You comprehend the concept of a last fling before tying the knot I assume? This is similar. I want to work with a publishing house/magazine/newspaper/dainik jagran/whatever before I join the teeming ranks of the nouveau lawyers come August 2009. Given that my CV has absolutely nothing to support such an ambition, I'm in, what is often divertingly referred to, as a 'fix'. Hence the SOS call. Being as how you may be into journalism and all, and in any case being the all-knowing-cosmic-void-type-thingummy that you are anyway, can you tell me what sort of internship position I should be applying for? And frankly, though beggars can emphatically not be choosers, I really would prefer sumfing above the level of the chai-wallah. Proof-reading maybe... whatever that is.
Thank you for listening. I shall await your response with bated breath.


Love.
Platonic.
B.F.


P.S. How are you?!? (see... the letter is not entirely selfish... just mostly).


Dear blog readers: Since I do seem to have lost my mind... finally... you're welcome to send in suggestions too... ones that make sense, as difficult as it might be for your sense(s) of moral rectitude. Consider this an official cry for help: "Help".
Let's see how useful this blogging thing can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Given an oppurtunity, what, how & when do you plan to do that?..details in mail please & I'll see if I could help.