Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Little Prince

There are certain stories so full of beauty that they wring all the unexercised joy out of my heart into the wind such that all I can do is dance and quite forget that I don’t know how to. So haunting that they bring to life a primordial exultation embedded in the very marrows of being. So throbbing with the unadorned energy of existence, bursting at the seams with such a sense of wonder, that they make me regret that I am neither the nightingale nor the rose.
I am deeply humbled on being invited into a few of these tales as if I was one of their own – for being permitted to hide in the grandfather clock, share crumpets, hew logs and be tamed by the boy from B-612 with the laugh like tinkling bells. And I am grateful for being allowed to sneak a few hours of these stories’ lives into mine.

And hence, for today, I was Betty Foy:

for today, I was a believer.

No comments: